Sunday, May 06, 2007

May 4 & 5

May 4 - 5

We left my parents house in Sunnyside, WA around 9 am on Friday, May
4. We rode from Sunnyside to Toppenish and over Satus Pass. We rode
along the river on the Washington side to Milwaukee, OR. At a gas
stop fairly close to Portland Jim noticed that one of the bolts that
hold my rearsets on was missing and the other one was loose. A few
days earlier, the ones on the other side were loose. A few miles from
Milwaukee, my blinkers quit working. A fuse had blown. It was windy
the entire way and started raining a couple miles from Paul and
Nancy's, where we stayed. Nancy had dinner cooking when we got there
- bbq pork ribs, corn, and potatoes, with ice cream for dessert, of
course.

For my birthday, Nancy and Paul gave me a Hawk Oiler - so we won't
have to oil my chain at the end of every day. For my birthday, Jim
will put it on. Sounds like a great deal to me. Thanks, Paul and
Nancy. I sure appreciate it.

Saturday was a neighborhood clean up day so Nancy took a load

No comments: