Sunday, May 06, 2007

May 6

Right now we're relaxing in a motel room in Gold Beach. First thing
tomorrow morning we're heading for Brookings to find the DMV because
someone forget her driver's license expires this month. Oops!
Gotta get that taken care of before we head out of state.

Jim has an appointment Tuesday morning with Rick Mayer to get the seat
for his FJR. Monday night we're planning on staying with some friends
of Keith and Paulette's who live in Redding.

Jim found out the difference between oysters and clams tonight at
dinner. He does not like oysters in any way, shape, or form. I
thought we might get kicked out of the restaurant because I was
laughing so hard and couldn't stop. He took one bite of an oyster and
went into panic mode, not knowing whether he should spit it out or
swallow it. He decided that was probably one of the worst things he's
ever eaten. He thought it was clams.

The weather's been wonderful. Sunny for the most part, and a little
windy, especially along the beach.

After checking in we went for a walk along the beach and found several
whole sand dollars. This is the first time we've ever found whole
sand dollars - they're usually broken or missing large pieces in the
middle of them.

The riding has been great. We've been going just a little over 100 -
150 miles a day. Tomorrow we'll have to do over 200. I haven't been
as tired as I was afraid I'd get. My muscles are sore because we've
been doing a lot of walking and rock hopping. When I'm able to, I'll
post photos of some of the walks we've taken along the beach.

No comments: